Friday 15 February 2008

In and around the office.



Well, appearances to the contrary, its been a
busy week at work. Roy and I made good headway on the proof transformation project.

The photo shows Kevin Hammond and a few members of the functional programming research group out at the pub. They are, left to right, Steffan Jost, Vladimir Janic, my officemate Alexander Konovalov, Christoph Herman and Kevin.

Kevin leads the functional programming research group.




My officemate Alex is in the middle of the pub photo. Alex is an algebraist who works with the GAP system.

And here's a shot of the office, and of me in it.









I had two young visitors in my office for a while on Tuesday afternoon. I made a couple of videos of magic tricks they performed for me. Here's the floating stick magic trick. And here's the old coin through the elbow trick.

The weather on Tuesday was great and I wandered around St Andrews at lunch time and took some photos. You can see a few of them by clicking on the photo below.


No comments: